Titletown Welcomes Spring with Outdoor Activities
New art installations “Domino Effect” and “Splinter” and special events kicking off spring at Titletown.
With the arrival of spring, Titletown is ready to launch programming and activities to help welcome the warmer weather. Activities are free unless otherwise noted in the event description, and some activities require registration and waivers.
As part of Get Creative presented by elevate97, interactive, traveling public art installations “Splinter” and “Domino Effect” will make their home at Titletown from April 14 to May 14. Splinter allows community members to interact with monoliths that reveal an exciting array of geometric shapes and melodious music. Domino Effect consists of giant dominos at different stations incorporating musical and luminous effects. Free to visitors and open daily during regular park hours, Splinter will be located on the Hy-Vee Plaza and Domino Effect will be on the Grand Stairs Plaza on Titletown’s west side. Splinter was created by Ottomata, a co-production of Quartier des spectacles Partnership (Canada) and Light Night Leeds (UK) and Domino Effect was created by Ingrid Ingrid, a production of Quartier des Spectacles Partnership, both distributed by QDSinternational. Detailed credits and info are available at titletown.com/events/calendar/public-art.
The free, outdoor, environmentally focused event Go Green also will return for another year on Saturday, May 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Attendees can enjoy family friendly interactive exhibits and workshops aimed at helping the community adopt more sustainable practices. Details are available at titletown.com/events/calendar/go-green.Titletown is also offering a variety of programs this spring including:
- Book Club: Get together with other local readers for monthly book discussions on April 24 and May 22. Upcoming books are posted at titletown.com/events/calendar/book-club.
- Free fitness classes: Community members can enjoy free yoga classes on Mondays from 6 to 7 p.m. and Zumba on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. All participants must sign a waiver prior to the class at titletown.com/waivers.
- Sunrise Yoga: Start each Saturday morning with a 60-minute yoga flow and a beverage at Lodge Kohler’s Leaps & Bounds café. Each class is $10 per person and includes a voucher for a medium beverage at Leaps & Bounds. Registration is required at titletown.com/events/calendar/sunrise-yoga.
- Let’s Dance: Throughout April, Titletown will be hosting a variety of sessions teaching new dance styles on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. View each class and register at titletown.com/events/calendar/lets-dance.
- AAPI Celebration: Join in celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander cultures with dance performances, art projects and more on Wednesday, May 17, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Terrapin Beer Garden. To find the schedule of activities, please visit titletown.com/events/calendar/aapi-celebration.
- Brown County Library Storytime: Come join Titletown’s twist on Family Storytime that includes stories, fingerplays, songs, music, dancing and more on Tuesday, April 4, and May 2 from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Mindful Mediation: Community members are invited to focus their minds in a positive and productive direction to rejuvenate their energy in Rockwood Terrace from 12 to 12:45 p.m. on Thursday, April 20, and May 18.
- Spring Playdate!: Kids are invited to visit with their favorite characters, enjoy their favorite music and make crafts on April 5 and May 3, from 5 to 7 p.m. A full schedule is listed at titletown.com/events/calendar/spring-playdate.
- Unplugged: Uncork and “unwine” with friends while listening to outdoor music in a relaxing atmosphere on Thursday evenings in May from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Grand Stairs on the west end of Titletown. To find the schedule of performers, please visit titletown.com/events/calendar/unplugged.
- Campfire Fridays: The best way to kick off the weekend is with free, family-friendly entertainment around the campfire each Friday night on Hy-Vee Plaza from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Learn more and find the weekly entertainment schedule at titletown.com/events/calendar/campfire-fridays.
Community members can also Get Creative, presented by elevate97, this spring, with activities including:
- Crafts + Cocktails: A variety of workshops led by local artists will be available from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the TitletownTech Rooftop Lounge on April 11, 13, 18, 20 and 25. Payment and registration are required, and is available at titletown.com/events/calendar/crafts-and-cocktails.
- Kids Art: All kids are invited to join in on creating simple crafts that incorporate natural materials on Wednesdays in May from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the 46 Below Patio.
- Art Wellness: Explore emotion and connect with others through the process of creating art on Thursday, April 27 and May 25 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in Rockwood Terrace. Registration is required for this free program at titletown.com/events/calendar/art-wellness.
- It Makes Me Happy!: Find more in everyday living through art appreciation, self-reflection and connection on Saturday, April 1, and May 6 from 9 to 10 a.m. in the TitletownTech Boardroom.
All activities are subject to change depending on weather. Up-to-date information about activities and programming also is shared through Titletown’s social media platforms at facebook.com/TitletownGB, twitter.com/titletown and instagram.com/titletown. Titletown also includes TitletownTech, The Turn, Bellin Health Titletown Sports Medicine & Orthopedics, Lodge Kohler, Hinterland Restaurant and Brewery, Associated Bank and the U.S. Venture Center. For more information, visit titletown.com.